Cold Air Intake Kit to suit VE V6 3.6L SIDI Engine 5/2009-9/2011
>>> The VE Holden owner’s most popular choice when it comes to Over The Radiator Cold Air Intakes <<<
Orssom Performance MY10 – MY11 VE V6 3.6L Sidi Over The Radiator Cold Air Intake
SUITS: VE V6 3.6L Holden Commodores MY10 & MY11 Series ( 5 / 2009 to 8 / 2011 ) fitted with the 3.6L Sidi engine.
Here's what you get in this Cold Air Intake Kit:
- Top Intake Cover
- Lower Filter Housing
- K&N Air Filter re-washable ( Part No 33-2640 )
- 1 Airflow Meter Seal
- 1 x Rubber Bellow
- 1 x Hose Clamp
- 3 x Speed Clips
- 3 x Phillips Head Screws
- 1 x 10mm Length Vacuum Breather Hose
- 1 x Right Angle Breather Pipe ( Optional use on some models Only )
- Fitting Instructions
And the great thing about these Cold Air Intakes are:
- NO laying back of radiator to fit the intake
- NO cutting or lengthening of any electrical wires
- NO cutting of any body panels to fit intake
- NO removing bumper bars to clean or replace air filters
- MAF fitment, (Must be fitted with the factory Air Flow Meter)
- Can be installed in about 30 minutes
- 12 months Manufacturers Replacement Warranty from purchase date, against faulty manufacturing (Failure to follow fitting instructions procedure will void warranty).
You and your pride and joy are going to love the:
- Cooler air intake temperatures
- Increased air flow to your engine
- Increase in power and torque
- Excellent throttle response
- Improvement to your fuel economy
- Awesome induction sound
- OEM style for that stealth under bonnet appearance
*** This kit does not include the Airflow Sensor, you MUST use your original factory unit ***
Important!! Please take the time to read Important Information why we recommend a tune be carried out when installing this particular product.
Engine Management Light:
The engine management light on your dash is also known as the EML. This light comes on when one or more of your sensors are not functioning properly Or the Maps that are set in your factory computer have gone over there set parameters (Please refer to the diagram below).
Monitored by the Oxygen sensors, Fuel trims are used to (+) add or (-) subtract fuel from the engine. Why were fuel trims created? In order for vehicle manufacturers to comply with EPA emissions regulations.
The purpose for Oxygen sensors which are fitted in the Exhaust systems is to sample the Air Fuel mixture & along with many other sensors located on your motor relay messages back to the factory computer on what’s happening at various points in the engine.
The Air Flow Meter:
In your VE Commodore the Air Flow Meter, Also known as a Maf sensor, is used to calculate the amount of air flowing thru the sensor & into your engine. The engines uses rpm in conjunction with the (MAF) to calculate engine load.
The factory computer has basic maps & parameters Tuned / Programmed in by the Manufacturer. Apart from the basics, the purpose of the computer is to carry out necessary adjustments to:
- Fuel / Spark / Timing maps depending on the information it receives from these sensors
The EML light coming on is not a common problem, but can arise on some vehicle from time to time which are more sensitive than others.In your case, (as shown in the graph below) the fuel trim maps have gone over the factory set ( + / – ) 15% parameter limit & triggered the engine light on the dash now to come on. The factory sensors mentioned above are all working properly & have recognised the extra air now entering the engine, but the factory computer as yet has not compensated for that extra air.
This is not a product fault, Regardless of which Brand / Company Intake product that you install, you may still experience the same outcome with the EML. This EML light coming on is not only pinned down to Cold Air Intakes. On some cars fitting a Sports Exhaust it has been known to trigger the EML light. If you do happen to experience an EML light coming on or have a combination of both Intake & Exhaust fitted to your vehicle and the light hasn’t gone away within the first 500km’s of driving, then we do strongly recommend a custom tune be carried out, as the factory parameters are stretched to there limit.
3 simple things we recommend you do:
- If your using that rubbish E10 fuel get rid of it. Fill up your next tank with 95 or 98 Octane fuel. Even thou your fuel cap say’s E10 suitable, we do not recommend it for high compression engine.
- Disconnect your car battery for at least 15 mins. This will reset the factory computer and wipe out the engine light fault on the dash.
- Drive your car for at least 300 to 500km for the computer can learn the new values. If the EML light doesn’t go off by then a Custom Tune is required.
Disclaimer: Orssom Performance Products are designed for off road use only. CAI Pty LTD & Conrod Motorsport Pty Ltd T/A Orssom Performance, accept no responsibility nor will be held liable for any damages caused to Vehicle engines / Vehicles / Property / Lose of life / Injury or Injury to others, as a result of fitment of these products. Please consider carefully if this product is for you before purchasing.